Gimme! Books is looking for some help. The blog is growing daily, and that means I have the opportunity to add another book loving person to the team.
Gimme! Books is looking for someone who can help out with a few specific things. The new intern will contribute to the blog (one to two posts per week) and help run the Twitter Feed. It would also be a huge plus if you could dedicate the time to developing a Facebook page (as I haven’t had the time to get around to it yet).
Though there is no monetary compensation offered for this position, in turn for a modest time commitment you can expect to receive some thank-you swag which will be discussed upon acceptance. You will also have the opportunity to show off your writing and review skills to a wide audience of readers.
What I’m Looking For:
- A voracious reader—The ideal candidate will be well-read and have a solid knowledge of literary and commercial fiction and poetry.
- A social media guru—Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- Experience with WordPress is a huge bonus but not a requirement.
- Someone who can correspond through email on a regular basis
- Writing at least one unique blog post per week
- Maintaining the Twitter account
- Creating and maintaining a Facebook page
- Coming up with new and fun ideas to utilize the above
I don’t think this time commitment should take more than five to ten hours per week. You’re schedule, for the most part, would be up to you and how many posts you write per week will be up for negotiation. As long as you can meet a deadline with as few grammar mistakes as possible you’ll be in good shape.
I’m looking for at least a three month commitment but I can be flexible about the duration. I think this would be a great fit for a college student, but anyone (over the age of 18) who can read and write is welcome to apply.
Why Should You Do This? Gimme! Book reviews may be young but it’s growing fast. By joining the team as an intern you have the opportunity to help build something great and gain a ton of useful experience while doing it. It will be a killer addition to your resume, not to mention all of the engaging writers and avid readers you’ll have the opportunity to network with.
You’ll get to hone your writing skills, voice your thoughts and opinions, and flaunt your creative side all within a flexible schedule. This is a 100 percent virtual position. It’s also a lot of fun.
How to Apply:
*Please send the following to email@example.com with Intern Applicant in the subject line of the email:
- A resume, with cover letter stating why you would be perfect for this position
- Blog post sample (300 to 500 words)
- If applicable and willing to share, Twitter account.
- Any other cool stuff you’re responsible for online
- A list of the last three books you have read
The deadline to apply is May 1st, 2014.
I look forward to hearing from you!