Start your summer off right and start reading some of the most exciting books on the market right now. Vow to dedicate some time lounging by the pool, in your hammock, on a couch, or wherever it is you like to go when you read and dive into this reading list. Guaranteed to have a little something for everybody, you won’t be disappointed if you challenge yourself to read at least one of the books from the list that fits your age group.
Go to the library, make friends, start a book club and just have fun reading this summer!
Summer Reading List for Ages 17 and Under:
- Amos and Boris, by William Steig
- Knuffle Bunny, by Mo Willems
- The Pout-Pout Fish, by Deborah Diesen
- Frog and Toad are Friends, by Arnold Lobel
- Daisy Dawson at the Beach, by Steve Voake
- Sammy the Seal, Syd Hoff
Classics & Award Winners:
- Charlotte’s Web, by E.B. White
- The Seashore Book, by Charlotte Zolotow
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, by Robert C. O’Brien
- Divergent, by Veronica Roth
- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
- will grayson, will grayson, by John Green
Summer Reading for Ages 18 and Up:
- State of Wonder, by Ann Patchett
- The Bohemian Flats, by Mary Relindes Ellis
- The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt
- Lean In For Graduates, by Sheryl Sandberg
- Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt, by Michael Lewis
Books make for an adventure all their own. Treat yourself to a thrilling read this summer and you just might be surprised and what you’ve been missing. Sitting down with a good book is a great way to learn, make yourself think, and can even serve as fodder for interesting conversation later on. What are you waiting for? Hit up your local library or favorite book store today!